Shurtugal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Inheritance RP

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Given a Chance!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Erathel

Erathel

Given a Chance! Empty
PostSubject: Given a Chance!   Given a Chance! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 9:51 pm

"Messenger for you M'lord."

Lord Erathel looked up wearily from one of the many papers on his desk. Glad of a break from the many needs of the large host of men under his command.

"Thank you Ben, let him in.." He leaned back in his chair as a young man bearing a sealed letter came into the room. "Sir!" he said pounding fist to chest in a quick solute "Summons from Lady Nasuada." Erath smiled as he took the letter from the boys eager hands. With surprise he noticed the red velvet ribbon wrapped around it, knowing too well what it meant. This was an invitation to be a part of the next egg ceremony! Every year the dragon eggs would be ferried between the Varden and the Elves in an attempt to have them hatch for someone. They would chose the most promising candidates in either Farthen Dur or Du Weldenvarden and have them all spend 2 days with each of the eggs hoping one would hatch. It was always a great honor to be given the opportunity to impress a dragon egg, for if you were chosen you would join the prodigious ranks of the Dragon Riders. After carefully moving a couple of papers listing the inventories of weapons and their costs aside he found his letter opener. Cutting the ribbon and opening the invitation he quickly read;

"Lord Erathel,
On behalf of the Varden and the free peoples of Alagaesia, we would be honored to have you join us in the center of Tronjhiem for the Dragon Egg's Ceremony. The Ceremony will take place in two days time at dusk. Please be aware that this matter is one of great importance and if you are unable to attend we will need to know at once so we might find another to fill the position -Lady Nasuada and the Council of Elders."

Looking up from the letter he found the boy still at attention. "Thank you for bringing me this, i have long awaited the day that i might get my chance at the eggs. Please tell My Lady Nasuada that i will be honored to attend." Again the boy pounded his fist to his chest in solute, "Thank you Sir!" he said, then quickly left the room.

Erath rose and called Ben back in. Ben was his steward and long time friend and he would need his help. "What was that all about?" Ben said, jerking his finger over his shoulder. In explanation Erath distractedly held up the letter in one hand while searching for blank parchment with his other. Ben's eyes widened as he too saw the ribbon. "I knew you would get one of those, im just surprised its taken them so long." Finally finding what he was looking for Erath quickly began copying out three sets of orders to the men who would be in charge of the night watch. "Ben, i need you to do the rounds for me while i attend. Check on the men, i dont want them getting slack with their responsibilities while im gone. You know the usual stuff, can i count on you?" he looked up to see Ben watching him with his arms crossed. "You know you can, but who is going to check on YOU when you leave?" Erath frowned, they were camped about a days ride from the entrance of Farthen Dhur, not a huge distance for something to go amiss but these days anything could happen. "Ill get a few men to accompany me, ill be fine!". Ben continued, "And who is going to take care of your clothes and make sure you dont go stomping into this ceremony wearing your ARMOR, if not for me i bet you wouldnt even take it off when you went to bed!" Erath Scratched distractedly at a spot of dirt on the steel plate covering his legs and shrugged "It makes it a lot harder for someone to put a knife in my ribs.." Both men laughed. "Fine, Fine.." Ben conceded "I'll set aside an outfit tonight. Promise me you'll wear it, this is a political event not a battle with Urgals." Erath nodded and passed the three sets of now finished orders to him. "Make sure the Watch leaders get these, i want a double guard posted until i return." Ben bowed and taking the orders, left the tent. Erathel wasted no time himself, he buckled on his sword and wrapped up his bedroll. Finally grabbing the invitation he went out into the sunlight. Once out of the tent he sent orders for his horse to be saddled, for rations to be packed, and for the 10 men who were to accompany him. As they set out for Farthen Dur, Erath absentmindedly wondered who else might have gotten that little letter with the tell tale red velvet ribbon.

((We Shall Seee OOoooOooOoOoOooooo. lol jk, if anyone wants to join this they are fully welcome to. Write up your own version of getting the invitation and how you got your dragon egg. By the way i made up just about everything when it came to the egg ceremony. i have no idea how it actually goes as its not in any of the books. Its just that it took Eragon was with saphira's egg for 2 days before it hatched for him. I dont think an egg would hatch for someone if they were all in a line and all they do is touch it for a couple seconds then move on to the next person. I will be adding to this up until Erath's Egg actually hatches for him. i just thought it might be fun for other people to have a go as well.))
Back to top Go down

Given a Chance!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shurtugal :: Alagaesia :: The Beor Mountains :: Farthen Dûr-
Jump to: